This autumn it’s all about shape, size, gems and colour when it comes to jewellery. Flipping through the most popular fashion glossies, you just can’t get enough of the glamour, glitz and the statement that jewellery makes when combined with both simple or wildly bold and colourful clothing.
Autumn’s beautiful foliage colours provide brilliant inspiration to jewellery, and burnt oranges, yellows, reds and greens are so in. Combined with bold and oversized shapes, this is what statement jewellery is all about. The trends include:
– Geometric shapes of costume or silver and white gold jewellery
Silver jewellery is the favourite fine jewellery this autumn as well. It does look
very attractive especially when combined with gems and crystals in all sorts of sizes and colours. And even worn together with yellow gold jewellery, silver jewellery is a statement on its own.
Pearls are very back! Maybe not in the same way as our grannies and aunties used to wear them, but this time interspersed with chain, silver or gold, and gemstones, of course.
– Exotic and ethnic inspirations
The likes of Ralph Lauren and Anna Sui had their catwalks full of exotic jewellery with imperial-esque jewels and many different types of beads.
– Bold gemstones in colour and size
Combinations of muted and vibrant colours render a very dramatic and yet refined look. This is especially the case with fine jewellery pieces, which can be worn on more subdued occasions, or even jeans and a t-shirt. Word of caution must be given as to the number of bold and statement jewellery items to wear at the same time – one statement accessory is enough, and change them as often as you wish. This will give you a whole new and fresh look even though worn with the same clothing.
When it comes to individual jewellery pieces, you can’t go wrong if you follow these trends:
– Earrings: the bigger and the longer, the better. Chandeliers, large hoops, long and slim earrings look great and combined with matching necklaces can give you that wow look.
– Necklaces: statement necklaces, or their milder versions matched with other accessories, are very much in fashion.
– Brooches are back!
– Bracelets and bangles in different shapes, sizes and colours are in. The ornate cuff is especially popular worn on either the upper arm or wrist.
– Flower rings. The bigger the flower, the more chic the look is.
Follow these trend tips for a gorgeous chic look this autumn and celebrate the beauty of this season’s jewellery.